With restrictions in many countries on nongovernmental organizations, and sweeping new laws coming into play in response to COVID-19, is space closing for civil society, journalists and other whistleblowers in global health? Leading international activists and journalists debated this question from national and international perspectives, on 19 May 2020, as part of the Graduate Institute’s 73rd World Health Assembly week. Co-organised by the Global Health Centre, STOPAIDS and Medicus Mundi International.
- Gargeya Telakapalli, Research Associate, People’s Health Movement
- Mercy Korir, Medical Doctor; Journalist, KTN News, Kenya
- Mike Podmore, Executive Director, STOPAIDS; Chair, Action for Global Health
- Nadejda Dermendjieva, Executive Director, Bulgarian Fund for Women
- Thomas Schwarz, Executive Secretary, Medicus Mundi International
- Moderated by Meg Davis, Special Advisor, Strategy and Partnerships, Global Health Centre