- Punitive Laws, Key Population Size Estimates, and Global AIDS Response Progress Reports: An Ecological Study of 154 Countries. Journal of the International AIDS Society 20:21386, March 2017.
- Measuring the Impact of Human Rights on Health in Global Health Financing. Health and Human Rights 17/2, December 2015.
- Human Rights and the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria. Health and Human Rights 1/16, January 2014.
- with Agus Triwahyuono and Risa Alexander, Survey of Abuses Against Injecting Drug Users in Indonesia — from Harm Reduction Journal, 6/28, Oct 2009.
- African Key Populations’ Engagement with Global Health Financing Institutions. African Men for Sexual Health and Rights (AMSHeR).
- Governments fund communities: Six country experiences of financing community responses through governmental mechanisms. UNAIDS.
- Invest in advocacy: Community participation in accountability is key to ending the AIDS epidemic. UNAIDS.
- Perfect Storm: Closing space for LGBT civil society in Kyrgyzstan, Indonesia, Kenya and Hungary. Global Philanthropy Project.
…a scholarly book…
Song and Silence: Ethnic Revival on China’s Southwest Borders. Columbia University Press, 2005.
“A vivid and beautifully told ethnography” – Tai Culture
“A path-breaking study of the logic of borders” – Kyoto Review of Southeast Asia
“Original and deeply probing” — James C. Scott , Yale University
“Playful, scholarly and lyrical” — Jonathan Spence, Yale University
…a human rights curriculum…
Know It, Prove It, Change It: A Rights Curriculum for Grassroots Groups. Manuals and trainers supplements in English, Chinese and Thai. Asia Catalyst.
…and something for kids:
Monkey on a Mission: An Adventure Tale. A serial book for kids ages 7-11 based on a classic Chinese tale, available free online.